WHY DO YOU, A SMALL BUSINESS OWNER, NEED A FACEBOOK PAGE?
Check our these stats from facebook…
Facebook’s recent data shows there are now 17 million active Australians on Facebook. Therefore approximately 70% of the total Australian population is an active Facebook user. This is a huge number.
- 7 in 10 Australians use Facebook
- 1 in 2 Australians use Facebook on a daily basis
Plus, a facebook business page offers these advantages…
- Business pages are visible to even those without a Facebook profile account. If you send a Twitter message or email with a link, anyone can view the page.
- Business pages are indexed outside of Facebook. Meaning, if someone does an online search of your company, this is one more link that will come up.
- Not sure who your target market is? Facebook pages can help you figure that
out. Each page keeps statistics of who your followers are and who is participating. It will tell you if they are male or female, their age range, where they are located, what language they speak, and more.
- With a regular Facebook profile you are limited to 5,000 friends. With a Facebook business page the number of fans is unlimited. This might not be a huge thing if you are just starting out, but always plan for your growth.
- A Facebook business page allows people to post 1 to 5 star reviews about your brand. This is a great way find out if there’s anything you could do better, and get some powerful testimonials.
- You can further establish your brand. People do business with people they trust. Social media is all about building the trust over time and Facebook is a great way to do that.